-   -   how do I get the columns to automatically add? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/87446-how-do-i-get-columns-automatically-add.html)

rockingmom

how do I get the columns to automatically add?

I am new to excel and I need one column to add the quanity to the dollar
amount and need it to total in the last column how do I set that up to do it
automatically?
--
MaryAnne

Richard O. Neville

how do I get the columns to automatically add?

Assume the dollar amount is in cell B2, the quantity in C2, and the total in
D2. The formula should read: =B2*C2 . You can then copy the same formula
down column D. Click on D2, and hold down the shift key while clicking on
the last row of data. Then press Ctrl+D to copy the formula.