-   -   calculating cells (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/87431-calculating-cells.html)

Louis

calculating cells

Hi,
My spreadsheet is displaying "calculation cells" in the botom left corner
everytime I enter someting in the sheet.
This seem to have appears all of a sudden and slows down the working of the
sheet significant.
How did it end up there?
How do I remove this again?

Thanks in advance,

Miguel Zapico

calculating cells

You may have calculation set to manual. You can check it in Tools - Options
- Calculation, and set it back to Automatic if that is the case.

Miguel.

"Louis" wrote:

Hi,
My spreadsheet is displaying "calculation cells" in the botom left corner
everytime I enter someting in the sheet.
This seem to have appears all of a sudden and slows down the working of the
sheet significant.
How did it end up there?
How do I remove this again?

Thanks in advance,

Kevin Vaughn

calculating cells

It sounds like you have "volatile" formulas, probably a significant amount if
it is slowing you down. A simple formula that contains a volatile function
is =now(). Some other possibilities (not an exhaustive list) are indirect,
offset, or a UDF (user defined function) set as volatile.
--
Kevin Vaughn