-   -   finding an entry from two criteria. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/87332-finding-entry-two-criteria.html)

garyablett

finding an entry from two criteria.

Hi,

I am trying to add entries in a particular column on two criteria:
1.) that the enries i am looking for equal 1.
2.) that the entries i am looking for correspond to "The word customer"
in another column to the left.

The columns are not directly next to each other

Customer *1*
Stakeholder 1
Customer *1*
Supplier 1

The number in bold is the number i want.

Thanks

--
garyablett
garyablett's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34145

Biff

finding an entry from two criteria.

Hi!

It's not real clear what you want.

Do you want to count the number of times "customer" and "1" appear in the
same row?

Biff

"garyablett" wrote
in message ...

Hi,

I am trying to add entries in a particular column on two criteria:
1.) that the enries i am looking for equal 1.
2.) that the entries i am looking for correspond to "The word customer"
in another column to the left.

The columns are not directly next to each other

Customer *1*
Stakeholder 1
Customer *1*
Supplier 1

The number in bold is the number i want.

Thanks

--
garyablett
garyablett's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=539725

Ragdyer

finding an entry from two criteria.

Try this:

=SUMPRODUCT((A1:A100="Customer")*(B1:B100=1))

--
HTH,

RD

"garyablett" wrote
in message ...

Hi,

I am trying to add entries in a particular column on two criteria:
1.) that the enries i am looking for equal 1.
2.) that the entries i am looking for correspond to "The word customer"
in another column to the left.

The columns are not directly next to each other

Customer *1*
Stakeholder 1
Customer *1*
Supplier 1

The number in bold is the number i want.

Thanks

--
garyablett
garyablett's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=539725

garyablett

finding an entry from two criteria.

Sorry,

I should have been more clear with what i want.

in column A there are three types of people: customer, stakeholder and
supplier.

In column D they are all ranked 1-5

what i want to do is to count the* customers* that are ranked *1*. i
want to do this for approximately 100 entries.

Any help would be great.

--
garyablett
garyablett's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34145
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=539725

JE McGimpsey

finding an entry from two criteria.

One way:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A100="customer"),--(D1:D100=1))

In article ,
garyablett
wrote:

Sorry,

I should have been more clear with what i want.

in column A there are three types of people: customer, stakeholder and
supplier.

In column D they are all ranked 1-5

what i want to do is to count the* customers* that are ranked *1*. i
want to do this for approximately 100 entries.

Any help would be great.

garyablett

finding an entry from two criteria.

thanks JE McGimpsey. that works great!