-   -   copying and pasting excel formulae (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/87231-copying-pasting-excel-formulae.html)

bennyrub

copying and pasting excel formulae

I have a worksheet of cash figures that I need t o show a 3%, $% & 5%
increase. I devised a formula =Sum(C1)*B2/100+B2 which i then wanted to copy
and paste down. But how can i copy and paste the formula so that (C1 remains
constant whilst the B numbers increase chronologically. please help URGENT

FSt1

copying and pasting excel formulae

hi,
use absolute reference at C1. $C$1
with out the dollar signs are reletive references and will change reletive
tn where you paste.

regards
FSt1

"bennyrub" wrote:

I have a worksheet of cash figures that I need t o show a 3%, $% & 5%
increase. I devised a formula =Sum(C1)*B2/100+B2 which i then wanted to copy
and paste down. But how can i copy and paste the formula so that (C1 remains
constant whilst the B numbers increase chronologically. please help URGENT

bennyrub

copying and pasting excel formulae

Thanks a lot