-   -   In Excel how can I access the Name Box value (address) in a formu. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/87166-excel-how-can-i-access-name-box-value-address-formu.html)

Daddy Buckets

In Excel how can I access the Name Box value (address) in a formu.

I am trying to set a formula to recognise the location of the "cursor" such
as "B2". I only see this information in one place that is the "Name Box"
located in the upper left hand corner of the Excel application.

kassie

In Excel how can I access the Name Box value (address) in a formu.

Totally not clear what you want to achieve here! Are you trying to write a
formula, but do not want to type in the referenced cell addresses? Or are
you trying to write a macro, and want to know how to refer to a variable cell
address?

"Daddy Buckets" wrote:

I am trying to set a formula to recognise the location of the "cursor" such
as "B2". I only see this information in one place that is the "Name Box"
located in the upper left hand corner of the Excel application.

Ardus Petus

In Excel how can I access the Name Box value (address) in a formu.

What you want is not quite clear.

Try pasting following code in worksheet's code:

'-----
Range("A1").Value = ActiveCell.Address(False, False)
End Sub
'-----

HTH
--