-   -   Pivot Table counts instead of data (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/87100-pivot-table-counts-instead-data.html)

BobS9895

Pivot Table counts instead of data

I have a worksheet that has one column with weights. Whenever I run
the pivot table, the table has a "count" of the number of weights,
rather than the actual weights themselves. How do I correct this?

[email protected]

Pivot Table counts instead of data

Put the weights in the left hand side of the pivot table, not the
middle of it - they are then row labels.

BobS9895

Pivot Table counts instead of data

LOL, that kind of defeats the purpose of what I'm doing! But thanks
anyway.

Debra Dalgleish

Pivot Table counts instead of data

If a field contains blank cells, or cells with text, it will default
to COUNT. Otherwise, it will SUM.

To change the function after adding the field:
Right-click on a cell in the Weights column, and choose Field Settings
From the Summarize by list, choose Sum, and click OK

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures