-   -   vlookup (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/86889-vlookup.html)

Help with vlookup

vlookup

When I run vlookup I get N/A. Also an error message saying "excel can't
complete task with availabe resources. Choose less data or close other
applications." I tried closing my other applications and that didn't work.
I'm almost positive my formula's correct. Any thoughts?

=VLOOKUP(A2,'Master ZIP Code Cross-References 2005.xls'!$A$2:$C$30104,3,FALSE)

kassie

vlookup

How much RAM do you have?

"Help with vlookup" wrote:

When I run vlookup I get N/A. Also an error message saying "excel can't
complete task with availabe resources. Choose less data or close other
applications." I tried closing my other applications and that didn't work.
I'm almost positive my formula's correct. Any thoughts?

=VLOOKUP(A2,'Master ZIP Code Cross-References 2005.xls'!$A$2:$C$30104,3,FALSE)

Pete_UK

vlookup

You don't have a sheet reference in your xls file. I think you may have
to do something like:

=VLOOKUP(A2,'[Master ZIP Code Cross-References
2005.xls]Sheet1'!$A$2:$C$30104,3,FALSE)

assuming your table is in Sheet1 and that the file is in the current
folder.

Hope this helps.

Pete