-   -   A kind of auto-filter question... (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/86699-kind-auto-filter-question.html)

[email protected]

A kind of auto-filter question...

Hello all, I have a chart with all kinds of data on but on a different
sheet I want to compile a list of information by looking at another
sheet and saying within a range is there a matching text string "CAUG
2" and if so print a string to the left providing it hasn't been
printed before. So for the data below...

A B
1839/3/4SL POLY COTTON/CERISE CAUG 1
1839/3/4SL POLY COTTON/BLACK CAUG 2
1839/3/4SL POLY COTTON/LIPSTICK CAUG 2
1839/3/4SL POLY COTTON/BLUE CAUG 2
1839/3/4SL POLY COTTON/WHITE
1839/3/4SL POLY COTTON/LIGHT PINK
1839/3/4SL POLY COTTON/PALE LILAC

....this would apear which I can then vlookup the rest of the
information and compile another chart...

1839/3/4SL POLY COTTON/BLACK
1839/3/4SL POLY COTTON/LIPSTICK
1839/3/4SL POLY COTTON/BLUE

and just by changing the tags in column B the list in sheet2 would
change.

Anyone have an idea if Excel can handle this? So in plainer english, a
column of formulas that say look through a range and if it contains a
tag print a text string from another column providing it hasn't been
printed before. I hope that's clear...