-   -   Determining Date X based on Other dates (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/86621-determining-date-x-based-other-dates.html)

MIchel Khennafi

Determining Date X based on Other dates

Good morning to all...

Situation: managing vacations for a given employee
- I know an employee's Hiring date (Assume 2/1/05)
- I know a cut off date (Assume 5/5/06)
- Vacation is determined on a yearly basis based on the hiring date
anniversary (assume here that vacations are calculated from:
- 2/1/05 to 1/31/06,
- 2/1/06 to 1/31/07,
- ....

Regardless of the hiring date, How can I determine the next anniversary date
based on the cutoff date and today()... Using the above mentioned example:

I would like to have the following
- From (cut-off date) to (next anniversary date) -- the next anniversary
date must be equal 1/31/07 (this is what I would like to calculate)
- From 2/1/07 to 1/31/08
- ...

Thanks a lot for your help

[email protected]

Determining Date X based on Other dates

If you let me have your email address (mine is
) I can send you my absence recording
spreadsheet which might do just what you want!