-   -   CAN I FORMAT A ROW TO IMITATE A CONDITIONAL CELL? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/86525-can-i-format-row-imitate-conditional-cell.html)

Hayley

CAN I FORMAT A ROW TO IMITATE A CONDITIONAL CELL?

One column is subject to conditional formatting, if a cell is positive I need
not only that cell to be reformatted but also all the information entered on
the row.

Ardus Petus

CAN I FORMAT A ROW TO IMITATE A CONDITIONAL CELL?

Select the whole row, and apply the same conditional formatting as your
column

HTH
--
AP

"Hayley" a écrit dans le message de news:
One column is subject to conditional formatting, if a cell is positive I
need
not only that cell to be reformatted but also all the information entered
on
the row.

Pete_UK

CAN I FORMAT A ROW TO IMITATE A CONDITIONAL CELL?

Assuming the cell to be tested is A1, then highlight all the cells in
row 1 and click Format | Conditional Formatting. Choose Formula Is
rather than Cell Contents and enter this formula:

$A10

then choose what format you want - foreground colour or background
(patterns tab) colour - then OK.

If you want to apply this format to several rows, highlight the same
cells, click Format Painter, then highlight the cells on other rows.

Hope this helps.

Pete

Bob Phillips

CAN I FORMAT A ROW TO IMITATE A CONDITIONAL CELL?

Select the whole row, and in the conditional formatting, use a condition of
Formula Is, and a formula such as

=$D4=condition

Note the$ in the cell reference which fixes the column being tested.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Hayley" wrote in message
One column is subject to conditional formatting, if a cell is positive I

need
not only that cell to be reformatted but also all the information entered

on
the row.

Pete_UK

CAN I FORMAT A ROW TO IMITATE A CONDITIONAL CELL?

Just following up on this. Hayley emailed me a copy of her sheet
directly, and I was able to set the CF for her.

Pete