-   -   CountIF or SUM (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/8624-countif-sum.html)

Steve Kay

CountIF or SUM

Hi, I have a large excel sheet. I need to count with
criteria. There are over 5000 entries (rows)
I would like to count the number of "Y" in the column
Shipped IF the Country is USA. I would also like to
count the Number of Dates in DATES Confirmed Column if
the country is USA. Can any one assist? Thanks

Location Country Shipped Date Confirmed
One USA Y 04-Dec-04
Two UK N 11-Nov-04
Three Canada Y 09-Sept-04
Four USA N 04-Dec-04

JE McGimpsey

One way:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(C2:C1000="Y"),--(B2:B1000="USA"))

For an explanation of the usage of "--", see

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/doubleneg.html