-   -   How do I program the cells in Excel to add, subtract, etc? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/86206-how-do-i-program-cells-excel-add-subtract-etc.html)

Bob Mulligan

How do I program the cells in Excel to add, subtract, etc?

I don't know much about Excel, but I'd like to program the cells for
accounting. How do I do this?

Bernard Liengme

How do I program the cells in Excel to add, subtract, etc?

I suggest you purchase Excel for Dummies to get started.
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Bob Mulligan" <Bob wrote in message
I don't know much about Excel, but I'd like to program the cells for
accounting. How do I do this?

Gord Dibben

How do I program the cells in Excel to add, subtract, etc?

You cannot format cells to do math calculations.

You must enter formulas which reference other cells.

A1 contains 123
A2 contains 456

In A3 enter =A1+A2 to get the sum of A1 and A2.

There are many good Accounting Templates available at the MS Template Gallery.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/te...377141033.aspx

Browse through the Business and Personal sites.

You will get a good idea of layout.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 1 May 2006 11:25:01 -0700, Bob Mulligan <Bob
wrote:

I don't know much about Excel, but I'd like to program the cells for
accounting. How do I do this?

Gord Dibben

How do I program the cells in Excel to add, subtract, etc?

Bob

I would also suggest you have a look at a few on-line tutorials.

Some tutorial sites for basics of Excel........

http://www.usd.edu/trio/tut/excel/index.html

http://www.baycongroup.com/el0.htm

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/tr...831141033.aspx

Gord

wrote:

I don't know much about Excel, but I'd like to program the cells for
accounting. How do I do this?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

S S

How do I program the cells in Excel to add, subtract, etc?

Someone will be along soon i am sure but I think you will need to be more
specific "but I'd like to program the cells for
accounting." this is too general a statement.
You might want to try in the meantime a google search for some basic stuff.