-   -   can't delete worksheet--grayed out! (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/86094-cant-delete-worksheet-grayed-out.html)

TDiesel216

can't delete worksheet--grayed out!

For some reason, I can't delete worksheets from my workbook. I am able to
insert worksheets and edit worksheets, and it doesn't appear that my
worksheet/workbook is protect. When I go to toolsprotection, the only
option I have is to protect worksheet/workbook. Any help you can offer is
much appreciated! Thanks.

Debra Dalgleish

can't delete worksheet--grayed out!

If the workbook is shared you won't be able to delete sheets. To turn
off sharing, choose ToolsShare Workbook.
On the Editing tab, remove the check mark from 'Allow changes by more
than one user at the same time'
Click OK

TDiesel216 wrote:
For some reason, I can't delete worksheets from my workbook. I am able to
insert worksheets and edit worksheets, and it doesn't appear that my
worksheet/workbook is protect. When I go to toolsprotection, the only
option I have is to protect worksheet/workbook. Any help you can offer is
much appreciated! Thanks.

TDiesel216

can't delete worksheet--grayed out!

The workbook is not shared--when I go to 'share workbook', the check mark
does not exist. Any other suggestions?

TDiesel216 wrote:
For some reason, I can't delete worksheets from my workbook. I am able to
insert worksheets and edit worksheets, and it doesn't appear that my
worksheet/workbook is protect. When I go to toolsprotection, the only
option I have is to protect worksheet/workbook. Any help you can offer is
much appreciated! Thanks.

TDiesel216

can't delete worksheet--grayed out!

Okay, so I added the 'delete sheet' button onto my toolbar--this allows me to
delete sheets. So, if I am able to do this, which can't I use the
'EditDelete Sheet' command or the pop-up menu 'delete sheet' command?