-   -   links in Excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/85905-links-excel.html)

Homer

links in Excel

Hi

I want to 'blanket' copy one sheet to another in seperate workbooks creating
links so one updates the other, but I don't want to reference each cell and
also I don't want zeros in where blanks are in the source data sheet.

Thanks

Bernie Deitrick

links in Excel

Homer,

Copy the sheet, then select all the cells, use Edit / Go To.... Special Constants. Note the
address of the activecell, then type =, navigate to the same cell on the original worksheet and
select it, and then press Ctrl-Enter. Do the same thing for formulas (Edit / Go To.... Special
Formulas), and you're done.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Homer" wrote in message
Hi

I want to 'blanket' copy one sheet to another in seperate workbooks creating
links so one updates the other, but I don't want to reference each cell and
also I don't want zeros in where blanks are in the source data sheet.

Thanks

MDW

links in Excel

I'm not sure what you mean by not wanting to "reference each cell", but in
terms of preventing that annoying blanks-to-zeroes thing, try this:

=IF('C:\Folder\[linked file.xls]sheet_name'!A2<"",'C:\Folder\[linked
file.xls]sheet_name'!A2,"")
--
Hmm...they have the Internet on COMPUTERS now!