-   -   Help with a formula (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/85834-help-formula.html)

AJK

Help with a formula

Is there a "and" function available in Excel? I want to check the contents
of two different cells and if both are true change the format of another
cell. For example:
if "a2=AST" and if a3="Y" If both are true set the conditional format. Thanks

broro183

Help with a formula

Hi AJK,

Yes there is, one solution you can use for your conditional formatting
is:

=if(and(a2="AST",a3="Y"),"true","false")

btw, your first port of call when you have a question should be the
help files ie [F1]. Type in "and function" and have a read.

hth
Rob Brockett
NZ
Always learning & the best way to learn is to experience...

--
broro183
broro183's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30068

Pete_UK

Help with a formula

Yes: as it is a function the format is AND(condition1,condition2 etc).
So in your case the formula would be:

AND(A2="AST",A3="Y")

then set your format for the cell.

Hope this helps.

Pete

AJK

Help with a formula

Thanks to both of you for the help. I had looked in a book and did not find
the "and" function. I then went to help and found it.

Thanks again.

"Pete_UK" wrote:

Yes: as it is a function the format is AND(condition1,condition2 etc).
So in your case the formula would be:

AND(A2="AST",A3="Y")

then set your format for the cell.

Hope this helps.

Pete

broro183

Help with a formula

Hi,
no problem, pleased I could help & thanks for the feedback.

as you may have noticed, the if part of my formula is redundant, only
the "and" is needed as shown by Pete.

Rob Brockett
NZ
Always learning & the best way to learn is to experience...

--
broro183
broro183's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30068
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=537169