-   -   How can I invert a column's contents (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/85671-how-can-i-invert-columns-contents.html)

Todd

How can I invert a column's contents

I have several columns of data and the data is listed upside down. SO, I
want to change it so the last line is first and the first line is last and
all the lines/rows in between are inverted as well. I know there's a simple
way to do this in excel but I don't know how.

Rae Drysdale

How can I invert a column's contents

As a work around until someone tells you the "proper" way to do this:

How about temporarily adding a column, inserting numbers 1 - 10 (or whatever
number of rows you wish to sort), sort in reverse numerical order and then
delete the extra column?
--
Rae Drysdale

"Todd" wrote:

I have several columns of data and the data is listed upside down. SO, I
want to change it so the last line is first and the first line is last and
all the lines/rows in between are inverted as well. I know there's a simple
way to do this in excel but I don't know how.

RagDyeR

How can I invert a column's contents

One way ... using a formula:

=INDEX($A$1:$A$20,20-(ROW(A1)-1))