-   -   IF protection then skip sub. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/85653-if-protection-then-skip-sub.html)

mdma

IF protection then skip sub.

i have an excel document, that works fine and produces another file
based on the template.

On open of the original document, i have a macro to go and clear any
data in particular cells.

When creating the new file, in my macro I have set the new workbook to
be protected; however when this file is open, it goes and runs the
clear function. This gives an error as it can not clear the cells
due to the protection.

I dont want to turn the protection off, so is there anyway I can check
for protection, if protection is found, then dont run the clear code,

Thanks.

--
mdma
mdma's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24284

macropod

IF protection then skip sub.

Hi mdma,

You could try something like:
If ActiveSheet.ProtectContents = True Then Exit Sub
or
If ActiveSheet.ProtectContents = False Then
' the rest of your clearing code goes here
End If

Cheers