-   -   message box (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/8548-message-box.html)

swec74

message box

I have been given a code to make a msg box pop up on opening the work book,
but is there any way to have that msg box pop up on a certain sheet insted of
it poping up when the work book opens?

thanks for any help given.
regards
Stuart

Nick Hodge

Stuart

You could use the Sheet_Activate() event, like so

Private Sub Worksheet_Activate()
MsgBox "Activated " & Me.Name
End Sub

To implement, check he

http://www.nickhodge.co.uk/vba/vbaim....htm#EventCode

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"swec74" wrote in message
I have been given a code to make a msg box pop up on opening the work book,
but is there any way to have that msg box pop up on a certain sheet insted
of
it poping up when the work book opens?

thanks for any help given.
regards
Stuart

Don Guillett

right click sheet tabview codecopy thisSAVE

Private Sub Worksheet_Activate()
MsgBox "I popped up"

Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"swec74" wrote in message
I have been given a code to make a msg box pop up on opening the work

book,
but is there any way to have that msg box pop up on a certain sheet insted

of
it poping up when the work book opens?

thanks for any help given.
regards
Stuart

Gord Dibben

Right-click on the sheet tab and "View Code"

Paste these lines in that module.

Private Sub Worksheet_Activate()
''your pop-up message code goes here
End Sub

Delete the code from the module it presently resides in.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Sun, 2 Jan 2005 02:01:01 -0800, swec74
wrote:

I have been given a code to make a msg box pop up on opening the work book,
but is there any way to have that msg box pop up on a certain sheet insted of
it poping up when the work book opens?

thanks for any help given.
regards
Stuart

swec74

thank u it helpped alot :) but from that code is there any way to have it so
the message pops up for the first time i open the work book instead of every
time i click on the tab? thanks agian for ur help.

wrote:

I have been given a code to make a msg box pop up on opening the work book,
but is there any way to have that msg box pop up on a certain sheet insted of
it poping up when the work book opens?

thanks for any help given.
regards
Stuart

Gord Dibben

There are probably more elegant methods, but........

Copy/paste this to the worksheet.

Private Sub Worksheet_Activate()
If Range("A1").Value = "phnorton" Then Exit Sub
MsgBox "hoohah"
Range("A1").Value = "phnorton"
End Sub

Now copy/paste this to the ThisWorkbook Module

Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A1").ClearContents
End Sub

Adjust range, sheetname and value to suit.

Gord