-   -   What formula should I use to compare duplicate data between worksh (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/8542-what-formula-should-i-use-compare-duplicate-data-between-worksh.html)

genoq

What formula should I use to compare duplicate data between worksh

I have a workbook with 2 spreadsheets, each with containing a list of part
numbers. On the second spreadsheet, I want to compare lists and identify
duplicates from the first list, without changing the sorted order of either
list. What is the easiest way to flag these duplicates on sheet 2

Bob Phillips

Use a helper column with a formula. Assuming key in column A on Sheet1 and
Sheet2, then use

=IF(COUNTIF(Sheet1!A:A,A1)0,"Duplicate","")

and copy down

--

HTH

RP

"genoq" wrote in message
I have a workbook with 2 spreadsheets, each with containing a list of part
numbers. On the second spreadsheet, I want to compare lists and identify
duplicates from the first list, without changing the sorted order of

either
list. What is the easiest way to flag these duplicates on sheet 2

genoq

Thanks! =) Happy New Year!

"genoq" wrote in message
I have a workbook with 2 spreadsheets, each with containing a list of part
numbers. On the second spreadsheet, I want to compare lists and identify
duplicates from the first list, without changing the sorted order of

either
list. What is the easiest way to flag these duplicates on sheet 2

Aladin Akyurek

A fast way of flagging common items (duplicates, as you call it) between
Sheet2 and Sheet1 would be:

=--ISNUMBER(MATCH(A1,Sheet1!A:A,0))

1 means duplicate, 0 not.