-   -   Automatically updating a formula (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/85391-automatically-updating-formula.html)

JGarces

Automatically updating a formula

I have the following formula in cell D7
(=sumif(MAR!$C:$C,C7,MAR!$O:$O)). Every month I have to update the
"MAR" with the new month (i.e., next month it will be "APR"). "MAR",
"APR", etc are the name of the other tabs that contain the data I need.
Is there a way to link that part ("MAR") of the formula to a cell (the
name of the tab), so when I change the value in the cell it
automatically updates my formula?

Any help is highly appreciated,

Thanks -----
J Garces

--
JGarces
JGarces's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30406

Don Guillett

Automatically updating a formula

You can use indirect or edit/replace

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"JGarces" wrote in
message ...

I have the following formula in cell D7
(=sumif(MAR!$C:$C,C7,MAR!$O:$O)). Every month I have to update the
"MAR" with the new month (i.e., next month it will be "APR"). "MAR",
"APR", etc are the name of the other tabs that contain the data I need.
Is there a way to link that part ("MAR") of the formula to a cell (the
name of the tab), so when I change the value in the cell it
automatically updates my formula?

Any help is highly appreciated,

Thanks -----
J Garces

--
JGarces
JGarces's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=536406

Niek Otten

Automatically updating a formula

Look in HELP for the INDIRECT() function

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten