-   -   VLOOKUP? Or another function? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/85030-vlookup-another-function.html)

Jamie

VLOOKUP? Or another function?

I am helping my friend develop a billing system for her small business. She
has a number of clients. Each client has a number of projects. At the moment,
her employees type in both the client name and the project name manually, but
this has led to confusion. The same project is called different things, etc.
Instead, we are trying to create a speadsheet so that when the user types in
a client name they can only then choose from a list of the projects
associated with that client. For example, Client A has two projects right
now, called Project 1 and Project 2. When the user types in Client A on the
billing sheet, then they can only select from Project 1 or Project 2 in the
next box. Is there a simple formula in visual basic or Excel to do this?
Please advise.
Thank you!

paul

VLOOKUP? Or another function?

this sounds like you need dependent lists
courtesy Debra Dalgleish

paul

remove nospam for email addy!