-   -   drop down box to open when selected (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/8500-drop-down-box-open-when-selected.html)

Tammy

drop down box to open when selected

Help please excel; when I select a cell that has a drop down box I want it to
open

RagDyer

Look here at Debra Dalgleish's web page on the subject:

HTH,

RD

"Tammy" wrote in message
Help please excel; when I select a cell that has a drop down box I want it
open

Andy Brown

Help please excel; when I select a cell that has a drop down box I want it
open

Try some code in the worksheet module (rightclick the sheet tab & "View
Code"):

If Target.Address < "$B$2" Then Exit Sub
SendKeys "%{DOWN}"
End Sub

Tammy

I tryied this but it did not work I'm sure I've done something wrong. I
pasted the formula in visual basic and saved would that be it? Help Please

"Andy Brown" wrote:

Help please excel; when I select a cell that has a drop down box I want it

open

Try some code in the worksheet module (rightclick the sheet tab & "View
Code"):

If Target.Address < "$B$2" Then Exit Sub
SendKeys "%{DOWN}"
End Sub

Andy Brown

I tried this but it did not work I'm sure I've done something wrong. I
pasted the formula in visual basic and saved would that be it? Help

Please

It works for cell B2, and assumes that B2 has some Data Validation attached
to it, and must go in the worksheet module (*not* an ordinary one).

For info on worksheet events, see
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/event.htm ; for info on DV, start at

Rgds,
Andy