-   -   weeknum for month (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/84945-weeknum-month.html)

maryj

weeknum for month

I know I've done this before but can't remember how.

How do you find the number of the week in a given month?
--
maryj

duane

weeknum for month

well it depaneds on how you define the week number.

If the 8th marks the start of the 2nd week, and so on then just take
int(day(the date)/7)

if you want the "wweks" to all start on Monday, for example it's more
complicated

"maryj" wrote:

I know I've done this before but can't remember how.

How do you find the number of the week in a given month?
--
maryj

maryj

weeknum for month

Maybe I am mistaken that I have done this before - thought I had, but who
knows. I would want May 2, 2006 to be week 1, May 10th to be week 2, etc.

--
maryj

"maryj" wrote:

I know I've done this before but can't remember how.

How do you find the number of the week in a given month?
--
maryj

maryj

weeknum for month

I used this formula which is close most of the time -
=INT((DAY(A2)-1)/7)+1
--
maryj