-   -   Round near to Zero (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/84861-round-near-zero.html)

Tiya

Round near to Zero

hi
I want to round of near to zero. i.e.

If there is a qty * Rate = amt
456*89=40584 than i want to round of like 40580 i want to make last digit
0(zero)
Is any help

Thanks in Advance.

Tiya

tjtjjtjt

Round near to Zero

=ROUND(qty * Rate,-1)

--
tj

"Tiya" wrote:

hi
I want to round of near to zero. i.e.

If there is a qty * Rate = amt
456*89=40584 than i want to round of like 40580 i want to make last digit
0(zero)
Is any help

Thanks in Advance.

Tiya

Bob Phillips

Round near to Zero

=ROUND(value,-1)

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Tiya" wrote in message
hi
I want to round of near to zero. i.e.

If there is a qty * Rate = amt
456*89=40584 than i want to round of like 40580 i want to make last digit
0(zero)
Is any help

Thanks in Advance.

Tiya

[email protected]

Round near to Zero

Assuming I've understood the question properly

=ROUND(YourFormula,-1)

Will round to multiples of 10

jbarnett

Round near to Zero

Allow me to hijack your thread slightly.
Is there a way to make Excel NOT round? I'm having trouble with this
end of things.
Please and Thank you :)
JB

--
jbarnett
jbarnett's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31276

[email protected]

Round near to Zero

Excel NEVER rounds unless told to, BUT the cell may display a rounded
value if formatted that way - perhaps I've misunderstood the post
though!

jbarnett

Round near to Zero

Ahh. So it doesn't. I am re-working a document created by someone else,
I figured out the setting though under Format Cells Numbers. But
thanks for your time and input ;)
JB

--
jbarnett
jbarnett's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31276
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=535501

xlbo

Round near to Zero

Excel always rounds if values are held to more dp than are shown
Use the INT function to stop excel rounding automatically - this will cut
off numbers at the dp so be careful with it as sums may not add up !!
--
Rgds, Geoff

"A crash reduces
Your expensive computer
To a simple stone"

" wrote:

Excel NEVER rounds unless told to, BUT the cell may display a rounded
value if formatted that way - perhaps I've misunderstood the post
though!

Heather Heritage

Round near to Zero

Unless you can justify this, no it doesn't!!! It DISPLAYS to those number of
DP, but it doesn't round!