-   -   shortcut key to move to beginning of new row (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/84664-shortcut-key-move-beginning-new-row.html)

bob engler

shortcut key to move to beginning of new row

I am trying to use a barcode scanner to scan in
inventory items into 3 adjacent columns and then
would like to have it automatically go to the beginning
of the next row by scanning the barcode for a sequence
that would put the cursor at the beginning of the next
row for the next 3 inputs.

Is there a key sequence that will do that??

Thanks....

Richard Buttrey

shortcut key to move to beginning of new row

On Sun, 23 Apr 2006 00:51:19 -0400, "bob engler"
wrote:

I am trying to use a barcode scanner to scan in
inventory items into 3 adjacent columns and then
would like to have it automatically go to the beginning
of the next row by scanning the barcode for a sequence
that would put the cursor at the beginning of the next
row for the next 3 inputs.

Is there a key sequence that will do that??

Thanks....

I don't know of a key sequence that will send the cursor both down and
then left.
CTRL and Left arrow will go to the start of a row.

Have you thought of running a Worksheet_Change macro from a barcode
sequence, and having the macro move the cursor to the start of the
next row when the third column contains the active cell?

e.g. Assumes data is entered to columns A:C

If ActiveCell.EntireColumn.Address = "$C:$C" Then
ActiveCell.Offset(1, -2).Select

HTH

__
Richard Buttrey
Grappenhall, Cheshire, UK

Ragdyer

shortcut key to move to beginning of new row

Try:

<Tab <Tab <Enter
--
HTH,