-   -   calculation to ignore a 0 (zero) value (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/84560-calculation-ignore-0-zero-value.html)

seedy3

calculation to ignore a 0 (zero) value

I have a series of calculations that I need to use the MIN formula. the
problem is that many of the cells can have a 0(zero) value and not just
blank. Is there a way to find the minimum value but ignore the 0's? Otherwise
the minimum is always 0.

Thanks

Elkar

calculation to ignore a 0 (zero) value

Try this array formula:

=MIN(IF(A1:A1000,A1:A100))

Use Ctrl-Shift-Enter to commit an array formula instead of just Enter. If
done correctly, it should appear with { } around it.

HTH,
Elkar

"seedy3" wrote:

I have a series of calculations that I need to use the MIN formula. the
problem is that many of the cells can have a 0(zero) value and not just
blank. Is there a way to find the minimum value but ignore the 0's? Otherwise
the minimum is always 0.

Thanks

C.S.Harris

calculation to ignore a 0 (zero) value

Try Tools, Options, View, and uncheck Zero Values toward the bottom. That
should hide all zero values.

"seedy3" wrote:

I have a series of calculations that I need to use the MIN formula. the
problem is that many of the cells can have a 0(zero) value and not just
blank. Is there a way to find the minimum value but ignore the 0's? Otherwise
the minimum is always 0.

Thanks

seedy3

calculation to ignore a 0 (zero) value

Thanks, those suggestions both were a great help