-   -   Average (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/8436-average.html)

Reggie

Average

Hello,

Ok. I'm trying to develop an average for a range of
values. Pretty simple. Of course, I have to complicate
things by needing an average only for items that fall in a
specific range. For example, if I have 100 values, I only
want to calculate an average for the values that fall
between 40 and 60, inclusive.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Reg

Jason Morin

Use an array formula like:

=AVERAGE(IF((A1:A100=40)*(A1:A100<=60),A1:A100))

After inserting the formula, press ctrl/shift/enter.

HTH
Jason
Atlanta, GA

Ok. I'm trying to develop an average for a range of
values. Pretty simple. Of course, I have to complicate
things by needing an average only for items that fall in

specific range. For example, if I have 100 values, I

only
want to calculate an average for the values that fall
between 40 and 60, inclusive.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Reg