-   -   Vlookup and hyperlinks (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/84288-vlookup-hyperlinks.html)

wendy

Vlookup and hyperlinks

Is it possible to use Vlookup and grab the hyperlink from the cell? If so,
how? If not, is there another method?

Similarly, can you grab a comment or the cell color while using Vlookup?

Thanks

L. Howard Kittle

Vlookup and hyperlinks

This worked for me where F1 is a link to another sheet cell A1 and holds a
lookup value for my table array on sheet 1.

=VLOOKUP(INDIRECT(F1),A1:B3,2,0)

The comment and color is a no, as far as I know.

HTH
Regards,
Howard