-   -   How can I subtotal a row that gives me =SUM(Q3:X3) (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/84094-how-can-i-subtotal-row-gives-me-%3Dsum-q3-x3.html)

altah

How can I subtotal a row that gives me =SUM(Q3:X3)

I have a spreadsheet that was sent to me that I need to subtotal a row.
When I use the subtotal icon I get the formula but not the result.

Duke Carey

How can I subtotal a row that gives me =SUM(Q3:X3)

That suggests the cell is formatted as text. Format it as Comma or General,
then redo your formula