-   -   How do I create formula to change cell color (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/8402-how-do-i-create-formula-change-cell-color.html)

excel formula

How do I create formula to change cell color

How do I change a cell color if another cell = a certain value?

Also, does anyone know of an excel formula book?

Bob Phillips

Conditional formatting (FormatConditional Formatting).

Choose the expression and value you want, and select a colour from the
pattern tab.

--

HTH

RP

"excel formula" <excel wrote in message
How do I change a cell color if another cell = a certain value?

Also, does anyone know of an excel formula book?

Gord Dibben

Select the cell to change color.

FormatConditional FormattingFormula is:

=cell_with_value=value

e.g. with B13 selected =A1=25

Pick a color from the FormatPatterns and OK your way out.

For a book on formulas see Debra Dalgleish's site.

http://www.contextures.on.ca/functions.html for a downloadable workbook.

OR

http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlbooks.html

Gord Dibben Excel MVP