-   -   How do I format a cell so that I can only input a Y or an N (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/84017-how-do-i-format-cell-so-i-can-only-input-y-n.html)

Osacr

How do I format a cell so that I can only input a Y or an N

I would like to configure a cell to give the data input person the coice of
"Y" or "N". How do I do this?

Paul B

How do I format a cell so that I can only input a Y or an N

Osacr, select the cell then data validation, settings, allow, list put Y,N,
set the other settings how you want and OK
--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"Osacr" wrote in message
I would like to configure a cell to give the data input person the coice of
"Y" or "N". How do I do this?

Bob Phillips

How do I format a cell so that I can only input a Y or an N

Use Data Validation. See http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html

--
HTH

Bob Phillips