-   -   Carrying a balance forward (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/83799-carrying-balance-forward.html)

Melanie Savasta

Carrying a balance forward

Good morning/afternoon to everyone

I would like calculate a balance.
Example:

$5000.00 in an account, subtracting different amounts
on different dates - I would like excel to show a
continuing balance when amounts are subtracted.

I hope this explanation is clear.

Thanks

Don Guillett

Carrying a balance forward

where a1 contains 5000, something like

=$a$1-Sum($a$2:a2)
copy down

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Melanie Savasta" wrote in message
Good morning/afternoon to everyone

I would like calculate a balance.
Example:

$5000.00 in an account, subtracting different amounts
on different dates - I would like excel to show a
continuing balance when amounts are subtracted.

I hope this explanation is clear.

Thanks

Ardus Petus

Carrying a balance forward