-   -   Breaking a Cell (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/8348-breaking-cell.html)

Santosh Budalakoti

Breaking a Cell

There is a cell in the excel workbook as A4 . I like to draw a line in
between this cell so that the content of this cell get breaked. i.e. if there
is written MICROSOFT than i like to break this as micro and soft but without
using the left or right or mid formula.

Is this possible....Please advise..

Regards
Santosh Budalakoti

Norman Jones

Hi Santosh,

Assuming that you want to retain the text in a single cell, then at the
point where you want to insert a line break, type Alt Enter.

Alternatively. if it is your intention to split the text into adjacent
columns, look at the 'Text to Columns' feature on the Data menu.

---
Regards,
Norman

"Santosh Budalakoti" wrote in