-   -   running total from the same field on multiple sheets as i add she (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/83411-running-total-same-field-multiple-sheets-i-add-she.html)

obviscator

running total from the same field on multiple sheets as i add she

how do i get a running total from the same cell on multiple worksheets that
updats as I add more worksheets to the file

ie. i am keeping a weeks work on a new worksheet in the same file and want a
worksheet that runs totals for all the weekly worksheets and i want the
totals worksheet to update as I add more weekly worksheets.

Ardus Petus

running total from the same field on multiple sheets as i add she

Assuming your weekly worksheets are contiguous and named Weekn (n=1 to 52),
enter the following in Total Worksheet:
=SUM(Week1:Week52!A1)

HTH
--
AP

"obviscator" a écrit dans le message
de ...
how do i get a running total from the same cell on multiple worksheets

that
updats as I add more worksheets to the file

ie. i am keeping a weeks work on a new worksheet in the same file and want

worksheet that runs totals for all the weekly worksheets and i want the
totals worksheet to update as I add more weekly worksheets.

Gord Dibben

running total from the same field on multiple sheets as i add she

=SUM(Sheet1:Sheet8!A1) entered in any cell on any sheet which is not
Sheet1:Sheet8

Sheets 1 through 8 do not have to be selected.

Even better is to insert a new dummy sheet at left and a new dummy sheet at
right-end of other sheets.

Name them Start and End

Formula =SUM(Start:End!A1)

Any new sheets can be inserted between these two dummy sheets.

Now it doesn't matter what the intervening sheets are named.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP