-   -   accumulating values generated daily (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/83376-accumulating-values-generated-daily.html)

Tracey

accumulating values generated daily

I have a spreadsheet that is done each day and is generated each day by
saving the spreadsheet from the day before under the current date.

In it is a figure that sums the number of hours generated that particular
day. There is also a figure for the number of hours generated for the entire
month. Currently I have to add the day figure to the month total manually
with a calculator.

How do I get the month figure to look at the new day figure and add it to
the total that is already accumulated in the cell that contains the month
figure?

Carim

accumulating values generated daily

Difficult to answer with no reference to cells ...

it looks like an "A=B+C" problem ...

Carim