-   -   Prepending text to a cell entry (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/8337-prepending-text-cell-entry.html)

Kendosan1

Prepending text to a cell entry

How can I prepend the contstant string "S" to each numeric value entered into
the cells in a column? For example, if a user enters "12345" into a cell, I
want the cell value to be "S12345".

Bob Phillips

using event code

On Error GoTo ws_exit:
Application.EnableEvents = False
If Not Intersect(Target, Me.Range("A1:A100")) Is Nothing Then
With Target
.Value = "S" & .Value
End With
End If

ws_exit:
Application.EnableEvents = True

HTH

RP

"Kendosan1" wrote in message
How can I prepend the contstant string "S" to each numeric value entered

into
the cells in a column? For example, if a user enters "12345" into a cell,

want the cell value to be "S12345".

Gord Dibben

Custom Format as "S"0.00

Leave off the .00 if you just want whole numbers.

The cell value will still be 12345 but display as S12345

Gord Dibben Excel MVP