Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
cwal

Default increasing and decreasing a value in a cell

Hi there, first time user here.

I am looking for some help with a personal worksheet I am creating to
control stock of medication by usage. What I need help on is that I
have an initial value in a cell (stock level) and I need to add to it
the value of another cell (supply) in such a way that stock level now
reflects the new value and increases as a new value is entered in the
supply field and decreases based on a value (daily usage) in another
cell. The spreadsheet has to hold the new stock level as the current
value each time the document is opened and amended.

ie:
B3 (stock level) initial value is 20.
B4 (supply) is 4 -value added to B3-
B3 (stock level) value now 24
B5 (daily usage) -3 -value deducted from B3-
B3 (stock level) now 21
B4 (supply) changed to 6 -value added to B3-
B3 (stock level) now 29

I don't know enough about advanced formulas or scripting to get the
worksheet to do what I need it to do. It has to be able to run in excel
as I need to carry the worksheet around in a PDA.

If anyone can decipher what I am looking for and can advise a solution
it would be VERY appreciated.

--
cwal
cwal's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33493