-   -   Import data into my workbook (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/83108-import-data-into-my-workbook.html)

[email protected]

Import data into my workbook

I am trying to import data from a workbook created by our IS team into
my workbook which calculates the sales bonus of my employees.
Currently, I manually enter their sales numbers. The problem is I am
duplicating efforts because the IS workbook already has the numbers I
need. In fact, it is where I get the numbers to input into my
workbook. Can I set up some kind of lookup function/formula to bring
in the data I need so that I don't have to manually enter it everyday?
Also, you may need to know that when I open the IS workbook, I have to
click on an update button in order to get the latest data.

Fred Smith

Import data into my workbook

You can easily create references to another worksheet or workbook in Excel. If
you have both workbooks open, type = then navigate to the reference cell and hit
enter.

Another option, rather than retype the numbers, is to simply copy them
(highlight the cells, right click, choose Copy, highlight the destination cells,
right click, choose Paste).

Fred

oups.com...