-   -   Can a linked hyperlink be updated (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/82989-can-linked-hyperlink-updated.html)

Tgivin

Can a linked hyperlink be updated

Hi all,

My place of work is on a network. i have this excel file that I want
everyone to be able to change at anytime. The problem is if one person
has it open then the others can't edit it as needed.

So I created a master.xls file and made a duplicate read only.xls file.
Linked everything in it to the read only and made a link to the master
if any changes need to be made. Everyone can make their changes and
then get out. The changes are at once shown on the read only.xls file
and everyone can see them.

The problem is (it's about time) the hyperlinks that are in cells
linked to other locations are a major part of this xls file. When they
are changed in the master.xls file the hyperlink doesn't update to the
read only.xls file.

I hope I have explained this clearly enough for some one the give me
some idea's. i am using Excel 2000 by the way.

Thanks ahead of time for any tips you may have for me.

Tray

--
Tgivin
Tgivin's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33420