-   -   Address of Maximum value in Cell (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/82988-address-maximum-value-cell.html)

Session101

Address of Maximum value in Cell

I have a sheet where I enter in numeric values around a range of cells
(B1:D3). I want to be able to acquire the cell address of the max
value.

For example:
Max Value Cell Address
Test A 90 100 180 180 D1
Test B 50 110 101 110 C2
Test C 75 35 14 75 B3

I need a formula to acquire the cell address. I have been trying to use
the address function in this scenario with no luck.

--
Session101
Session101's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=14054

Peo Sjoblom

Address of Maximum value in Cell

One way

=CELL("address",INDEX(B1:D1,MATCH(MAX(B1:D1),B1:D1 ,0)))

Peo Sjoblom

http://nwexcelsolutions.com

"Session101" wrote
in message ...