-   -   Multiple conditions in a formula (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/82947-multiple-conditions-formula.html)

TV

Multiple conditions in a formula

I am trying to build a formula that will fill a cell with the value from a
table if certain conditions exist in another adjacent cell. I tried to use
the IF formula and it would work except I need a total of 4 conditions.
In other words I want to fill a cell with one value if the adjacent cell
contains CCE and a different reference if the cell contains BCP etc.
Thanks for your help.
--
TV

CLR

Multiple conditions in a formula

Maybe something like........

=IF(A1="CCE","ReturnThis",IF(A1="BCP","ReturnThat" ,IF(A1="ONE","ReturnThirdValue",IF(A1="TWO","Retur nFourthValue",""))))

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"TV" wrote:

I am trying to build a formula that will fill a cell with the value from a
table if certain conditions exist in another adjacent cell. I tried to use
the IF formula and it would work except I need a total of 4 conditions.
In other words I want to fill a cell with one value if the adjacent cell
contains CCE and a different reference if the cell contains BCP etc.
Thanks for your help.
--
TV

TV

Multiple conditions in a formula

Thanks, it worked. I knew the answer was out there somewhere.
--
TV

"TV" wrote:

I am trying to build a formula that will fill a cell with the value from a
table if certain conditions exist in another adjacent cell. I tried to use
the IF formula and it would work except I need a total of 4 conditions.
In other words I want to fill a cell with one value if the adjacent cell
contains CCE and a different reference if the cell contains BCP etc.
Thanks for your help.
--
TV

CLR

Multiple conditions in a formula

Happy to help.........and thanks for the feedback....

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3