-   -   How to total rows in Excel with non-value cells like "included"? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/82920-how-total-rows-excel-non-value-cells-like-included.html)

HR

How to total rows in Excel with non-value cells like "included"?

I am trying to calculate a number using =sum(D5*4)+B55, but one of the cells
contains the the word "included". It's a pricing model, so it's important to
note in a cell that something is included vs. $0 cost. When I add am just
adding, =sum(B5:B12), it works fine, but not when I use the multiplier. It
seems like this must be a simple solution, but I can't come up with it...

Gary L Brown

How to total rows in Excel with non-value cells like "included"?

=sum(if(D5="included",0,D5)*4)+if(B55 = "included",0,B55)

HTH,
--
Gary Brown

If this post was helpful, please click the ''Yes'' button next to ''Was this
Post Helpfull to you?''.

"HR" wrote:

I am trying to calculate a number using =sum(D5*4)+B55, but one of the cells
contains the the word "included". It's a pricing model, so it's important to
note in a cell that something is included vs. $0 cost. When I add am just
adding, =sum(B5:B12), it works fine, but not when I use the multiplier. It
seems like this must be a simple solution, but I can't come up with it...

HR

How to total rows in Excel with non-value cells like "included

Thanks so much - it works perfectly now!!