-   -   How to determine which rows contain slected cells in a multiple c. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/8287-how-determine-rows-contain-slected-cells-multiple-c.html)

Paul

How to determine which rows contain slected cells in a multiple c.

When I've selected a number of different cells in a column , I would like to
set a certain value in the corresponding neigbouring cells by pressing a
button.
So I have to access the slected row values somehow. So far it only works
when a continuous set of cells is selected, using the selection.rows.count
propertie.
Who can help me?

Dave Peterson

I'm not quite sure what you're doing, but maybe you can loop through the
discontiguous areas:

Option Explicit
Sub testme()
Dim myRng As Range
Dim myArea As Range

Set myRng = Selection
For Each myArea In myRng.Areas
myArea.Offset(0, 1).Value = "Hi there"
Next myArea
End Sub

--

Dave Peterson

Paul Westerman

Hi Dave,

Thanks very much for your help.
I missed your reply, but fortunately found it today.
It was essentially what I was looking for.
To be precize I wanted to do the following:

Sub testme()
Dim myRng As Range
Dim myArea As Range

Set myRng = Selection
For Each myArea In myRng.Areas
x = myArea.Row
y = myArea.Count
Range("N" & x & ":N" & x + y - 1).Value = "Hi there"
Next myArea

End Sub

Thanks again!

Paul Westerman