-   -   Drop Down Value & Length Dependent (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/82784-drop-down-value-length-dependent.html)

SteveT

Drop Down Value & Length Dependent

Hello,

I have a "Rate Sheet" in my workbook that pulls information from a shipping
price database in worksheet 2. It is set up using Index/Match & *Lookup
functions dependent on what entered in cell labeled "SHIP FROM" cell A2 &
"SHIP TO" cell b2.

The user currently has to type the ship to & from cities in these cells.

I want to change so that A2 is a validation list of only unique "SHIP FROM"
entries from the corresponding column in database.
&
B2 to be a validation list of "SHIP TO"s that corresponds to the ship froms
in data base.

To complicate things not every "SHIP FROM" location in database has the same
number of "SHIP TO"s and I want the B2 to only list the exact number of
possible combinations.

I know there are several problems posed here but did not want to post
multiple questions.

Thanks in advance for your trusted assistance.

ST