-   -   Numbers in the balance!! (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/82640-numbers-balance.html)

nobbyknownowt

Numbers in the balance!!

Hello
I asked this question in another way before but don’t think I explained it too well so would like to pose it another way.

I have written a spreadsheet to calculate the effect of placing a combination of different weights at different set distances from a fulcrum in order to find the best conditions for balance given that the fulcrum may not possibly be central. While it is easy to input the different combinations of say three different weights (1,2,3 / 1,3,2 / 2,1,3 / 2,3,1 / 3,1,2 / 3,2,1) the more weight numbers in the calculation the more possible combinations there are. While I can do this manually it just takes an age. Can excel calculate the possible combinations for me?
Also if it is possible could a macro then lock one or more positions (ie if position 2 in the above example must be in position 2 it would only then choose 1,2,3 and 3,2,1).
Hope it all makes sense
Cheers
Nobby