-   -   Filling Blank Cells (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/82492-filling-blank-cells.html)

Mary Mayo

Filling Blank Cells

I have a wksht where I want to have all blank cells auto color fill to
indicate data not yet rec'd/entered. Conitional formatting requires a value
be assigned - have tried to leave value as blank, and apply formatting, but
it doesn't work - there's got to be an easy answer and I'm just not seeing
it! Help - it's driving me nuts!!!

Peo Sjoblom

Filling Blank Cells

Use formula is

=A1=""

will work

OR cell value equal to =""

Peo Sjoblom

http://nwexcelsolutions.com

"Mary Mayo" wrote in message
I have a wksht where I want to have all blank cells auto color fill to
indicate data not yet rec'd/entered. Conitional formatting requires a
value
be assigned - have tried to leave value as blank, and apply formatting,
but
it doesn't work - there's got to be an easy answer and I'm just not seeing
it! Help - it's driving me nuts!!!

Gary''s Student

Filling Blank Cells

You are almost there!

for A1:

Format Conditional formatting... Formula is

=ISBLANK(A1) and set your special "blank cell format"

copy the format to any cell you like
--
Gary's Student