-   -   HOW DO I CALULATE A OVERTIME FORMULA (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/82379-how-do-i-calulate-overtime-formula.html)

Payclerk

HOW DO I CALULATE A OVERTIME FORMULA

I am new at calulating formulas I need help.

JE McGimpsey

HOW DO I CALULATE A OVERTIME FORMULA

There are a large number of potential formulae, depending on how your
overtime is set up. Overtime rules vary from company to company, and
state/country to state/country.

Posting the rules you use will make sure any answers are relevant.

Also, you need to say what the inputs and outputs are... Do you have a
range with daily times, or do you just have a cell with the number of
hours? Do you want your output to be the number of overtime hours, or
the overtime pay due?

Just for starters, here's a simple example. Assume that a worker gets
time and a half for hours over 40 per week:

A1: 45:00 <==== Total hours worked in a week
A2: $10.00 <==== Hourly rate

A3: =(A1+MAX(A1-40/24,0)/2)*24*A2 <=== Total pay due