-   -   using a master reference (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/82243-using-master-reference.html)

rookie robert

using a master reference

How do I type a number in my current worksheet which matches a number in the
same page but different worksheet column a and have it = the information in
column b of the same second worksheet?

davesexcel

using a master reference

are you asking for a lookup formula??

--
davesexcel
davesexcel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31708

David McRitchie

using a master reference

Hi Robert,

If you ask a question you have to provide clearly what you have and what you
want. Provide some clear idea of what you have, what the problem is, and how you
would solve the problem yourself without Excel.

Your question is garbled between what you have and what you want to obtain.
i.e. this does not make sense for a question he "How do I type a number?"

Take a look a
VLOOKUP Worksheet Function
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/vlookup.htm
and also some information there on INDEX and MATCH

I expect that if you used your full name, you would be taking a bit more
care in asking a question.
---
HTH,