Ms Chewie

Default How can I round an hour to the nearest 1/4 hour?

I am trying to set-up a program to use to do my timesheets for work
electronically... I have the excel copy of the sheet directly from the
company.
I need to be able to convert the differences between a time so that it shows
up with the hour worked and to the nearest 1/4 hour. For example I need
7:31am to 11:10am to show up as 3.75, because it is 3 hours and 39 minutes
and the 39 goes to 45 after. I figured out how to get it to do 3:39, but
then I need it rounded to the 49 and set to show up as .75.
Any ideas would be great. Thanks--Ms Chewie

RagDyer

Forgot to mention that D1 should be formatted as General.
--

HTH,

RD

"RagDyer" wrote in message
Start time in A1
End time in B1
Hours worked in C1 =B1-A1

Round to ¼ hour and convert to decimal in D1:
=ROUND(C1*96,0)/96*24
--

HTH,

RD

"Ms Chewie" <Ms wrote in message
I am trying to set-up a program to use to do my timesheets for work
electronically... I have the excel copy of the sheet directly from the
company.
I need to be able to convert the differences between a time so that it shows
up with the hour worked and to the nearest 1/4 hour. For example I need
7:31am to 11:10am to show up as 3.75, because it is 3 hours and 39 minutes
and the 39 goes to 45 after. I figured out how to get it to do 3:39, but
then I need it rounded to the 49 and set to show up as .75.
Any ideas would be great. Thanks--Ms Chewie

Biff

Hi!

A1 = 7:31 AM
B1 = 11:10 AM

=ROUND(((B1-A1)*24)/0.25,0)*0.25

= 3.75

Biff

I am trying to set-up a program to use to do my

timesheets for work
electronically... I have the excel copy of the sheet

directly from the
company.
I need to be able to convert the differences between a

time so that it shows
up with the hour worked and to the nearest 1/4 hour. For

example I need
7:31am to 11:10am to show up as 3.75, because it is 3

hours and 39 minutes
and the 39 goes to 45 after. I figured out how to get it

to do 3:39, but
then I need it rounded to the 49 and set to show up

as .75.
Any ideas would be great. Thanks--Ms Chewie

.

Ms Chewie

Thanks!

"Biff" wrote: