-   -   Linked cell location of hyperlink (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/8141-linked-cell-location-hyperlink.html)

Jerry

Linked cell location of hyperlink

I have a worksheet that will be used by many people that has charts at
the top of it and associated graphs below. I would like to create
hyperlinks above each chart that direct the user to the associated
graph in the same worksheet.

When using hyperlinks, the linked cell by default appears at the bottom
left of the screen. Since all users' screens are not the same size, it
is impractical to try and guess how far down the sheet I should put the
linked cell so that the graph appears at the top of the screen.

I am aware of the Tools/Options/Transition navigation keys check box
that will prevent this from happening, but with so many users, this is
an impractical solution.

So, my question is: Is there a way to use hyperlinks such that the
linked cell appears at the upper left of the viewed screen regardless
of the size of the display?

Frank Kabel

Hi
not possible with the build-in hyperlink function. You have to use the
FollowHyperlink event but even that is IMHO quite complicated as I
personally don't know how to calculate the chosen resultion and viewable
frame

--
Regards
Frank Kabel